Recent NewsTutorial Tutorial
New Items: Soda Pops!
A Pop of Flavor
Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I might have a slight caffeine addiction, usually in the form of a hot cup of coffee. But sometimes you need a quick fix on a hot day and nothing beats a cold, bubbly can of soda for that. I know you all love the classic original flavor, or at least Piper has bribed you enough into keeping it well-stocked. So let’s add some variety! I am very pleased to announce that the General Store is expanding its line of carbonated beverages with a whopping nineteen new flavors! That's right, you heard me, a whole shelf of nothing but fizzy drinks!
For flavors, we've got Blueberry Soda, Cherry Soda, Cola ZERO Soda, Cranberry Soda, Cream Soda, Diet Pop Soda, Dr Pop Soda, Ginger Ale Soda, Grape Soda, Green Apple Soda,
Lemon Lime Soda, Orange Soda, Peach Soda, Pineapple Soda, Root Beer Soda, Strawberry Soda, Tropical Punch Soda, Watermelon Soda,
and lastly, one of the Headmaster's guilty pleasures, Carbonated Milk.
Phew, that was a mouthful. I think I might crack one of these bad boys open right now and- Hey, HEY! Piper! I see you hiding behind that display! Keep your mitts off that Dr Pop unless you intend to pay for it! Piper! PIPER!! Read More »
New Items: SCIENCE TOYS
SCIENCE can be fun too!
Ah Piper, perfect timing! I was sorting through some of my equipment down in the lab and I came across a whole box load of extras I think you'll like. I know you were saying you really wanted to expand your toy stock in a new and interesting direction, and I think these will do just the trick. Read More »
Bug Fix: 8/18/16
You spin me right round~
A few more little updates for you this week: the fullscreen black ‘Processing…’ state was hurting my eyes when loading the Kith widgets, so we’ve slightly tweaked that to instead be a spinner on the mouse. I hope that helps anyone else who was bothered by that fullscreen black flash! We’ve kept that in the Dressing Room, however, since the Save button takes longer than anywhere else on the site to load.
We’ve also fixed the usernames being forced into all-lowercase! You can feel free to change your username to include capital letters now, if you want to.
Remember to please report any problems to the Technical Support Forum. Your browser version is very helpful information if we have to troubleshoot a problem. I'd also like to ask, as a favor, if you could try to replicate a problem so that I know whether it was a strange one-time little bug or whether it is reoccurring for multiple users; this also helps me to sleuth my way to the source of the problem. The more details, the better!
Thank you all again for your help and patience as we work together on making Tattered Weave the best it can be! Click "Read More" to see updated details of bugs and features currently in progress. Read More »
Cooking, version 2
Announcing some BIG changes to Cooking! We heard your feedback and made some major changes to the Cooking feature to improve clarity and fun. Let me go over each change one by one:
1. Tools are now layered correctly! We realized AFTER y’all started playtesting that the dang layers ordered based on when you equipped each Tool, instead of being manually set to the appropriate layer. They SHOULD all be fixed now! No more squashed Kith toes! Please clear your cache and reload the Cooking page, and let me know if your Kitchen has any Tools that are still layering incorrectly.
2. Recipes no longer have Level restrictions. As long as you meet the requirements (the proper ingredients, Tools, and the Recipe itself) you can make it! The items were divided up so arbitrarily that we realized it was an unnecessary aspect of the craft. It’s already plenty hard to collect the Recipes and Tools to learn how to make something, and then you have to pick up new ingredients each time you make it. Hopefully this helps make Cooking way more enjoyable! No more waiting on levels!
3. So what do levels do now? We’ve added cumulative Kith reward bonuses to levels! For every Recipe you make, your Kith earns attribute points. As you skill up, those attribute points increase based on your level! So, a newbie chef can teach their Kith little by little, while a master chef can teach their Kith at a much faster rate.
4. Recipes are now sorted differently. We’ve changed the tabs around so that by default, you always see your Known Recipes first on the page, and you can click through the tabs to see Unknown/All. Any Unknown Recipes are now grayed out so you can tell at a glance what you’ve still got left to collect. You can also view the requirements of Unknown Recipes on the Cooking page, so you’ll know what to buy!
5. Recipes have different art than their products. This should help distinguish between an Apple Pie, and an Apple Pie Recipe, at a single glance rather than having to double-check the item name before you buy.
6. Pagination now works without reloading the whole page. This actually applies across the entire site! You can scroll through your Recipes, your Inventory, and even your Kith’s Profile widgets without having to reload the page each time! This should make browsing the site much easier on you and on our servers. This doesn’t apply to the Forums, since we do want those pages to reload every time.
WOW! Holy smokes, that’s a lot. Please let us know what you think! We greatly appreciate all your excellent feedback. Happy cooking! :) Read More »
Ready those Recipes!
I’m delighted to announce that Cooking is finally here! You can access your Kitchen from the Create tab in the navigation bar. I’ll be writing up a Help page for it soon.
At the top, you’ll see your skill level, which increases with every recipe you complete! You’ll have to learn those recipes before you can make them, though, so visit Jay’s General Store to pick up your recipes anytime! (We’ll be making the recipe art different from the food later this month. Right now it’s hard to tell the difference at a glance.) Jay is also selling the tools you need to cook those recipes. Once you have a tool or recipe, you must use them in your inventory before they can be used in your kitchen!
You’ll also get to see your Active Kith cooking alongside you in the kitchen. Each personality has unique phrases, including some that only appear after cooking a recipe! Don’t worry, all but the most finicky of Kith don’t mind hanging out with you even when your tools are dirty. Each tool takes a set amount of time to be cleaned; you should see a cleaning timer beneath the kitchen which counts down ’til you can use the clean tool again to make something new. If you’re really in a rush, you can skip past cleaning by taking the rich person route and buying a clean replacement tool right away! That sure costs a lot of Shards, though…
As always, please be on the lookout for bugs or errors! We’ve scoured this feature very closely, so I doubt you’ll run into anything major, but there may be some image glitches or misspellings or something that I missed during my marathon uploading with club. Please report any technical issues in the Forum and I’ll get back to you ASAP!
For now, I’m off to enjoy a day at Otakon as a birthday present to myself! :) See you all tomorrow. Happy cookin’! Read More »